01 June, 2009

SWTOR!

Now, I recall being disappointed with Star Wars Galaxies. Poor graphics, many bugs and 12 years olds talking nerd-trash. But I was excited, nay, hopeful when I saw the pre-launch website, it seemed so neato burrito. But now my expectations have potential to be surpassed, what I experienced whilst watching E3 this afternoon was, quite possibly the Star Wars nerdgasm I had not felt since ... since I first saw The Empire Strikes Back as a little kid. The recent Clone Wars movie and subsequent Catroon Network series is ok, but I don't think it would fall into the category of badassitude, whether one measured it with the Englsih or Metric badass scale. Today's announcement is most certainly badass, I just want to know:
  1. The beta test date
  2. The launch date
  3. Whether I'll have a job so I can afford the new videocard I will most likely require
Im' sure you'll find it elsewhere, but it would be most unblogmotronic if it were not found here, so, here is the first, cinematic trailer for SWTOR:

No comments: